DIY Caramel Apples
Tools & Ingredients
• 15 oz of store-bought chewy caramels
• 3 tbs heavy cream or evaporated milk
• Fun toppings such as candy, sprinkles, chocolate chips, etc.
• Parchment Paper
• Stick (this could be a caramel apple stick or a popsicle stick)
• Baking Sheet
1. Clean your apples! This is an important step! Make sure all of your apples are washed well and dried completely with a paper towel. This will help the caramel stick and make sure your tasty treat is clean and ready to eat!
2. Insert your caramel apple stick into the center of each apple.
3. Arrange your special toppings and prepare your baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper so your apples don't stick to the tray!
4. Add caramels and heavy cream into a microwave safe bowl.
5. Heat the caramels and cream in the microwave in 30 second increments until it is melted and smooth.
6. Dip your prepared apples into the warm caramel mixture one at a time. Be sure to rotate your apple so you get a nice thick layer of caramel!
7. If you want, roll your freshly dipped apple in your special toppings!
8. Let your beautiful caramel apples chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes until the caramel is set and then enjoy your tasty fall treat!!!
Come hang with us on social and share your content using #LoveClaires